1. Select your numbers
Select five numbers between 1-69 and one Powerball number between 1-26. You can select the numbers manually or choose Quic Pic for the Lottery computer to randomly select your numbers. Each Powerball play costs $2.
2. Select number of drawings
To play the same numbers for multiple drawings, mark the number of drawings you want. This applies to all plays.
Powerball drawings occur every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m.
3. Add Power Play (optional)
To multiply your non-jackpot prizes up to 10 times, mark Power Play for an extra $1 per play, per drawing.
4. Get Your Ticket
Give your completed bet slip to a Lottery Sales Agent, or simply ask the Lottery Sales Agent for a Quic Pic. The Lottery Sales Agent will hand over your ticket, and all sales are final. Please check your ticket for accuracy and sign the back of your ticket to identify ownership.
For more information, see the Lottery’s Rules and Regulation and Powerball Administrative Bulletin.
How to Win
Nine Ways to Win a Prize!
Prizes are based on a $2.00 wager
|Match 5 + PB||Jackpot*||1 in 292,201,338.00*|
|Match 5||$1,000,000||1 in 11,688,053.52|
|Match 4 + PB||$50,000||1 in 913,129.18|
|Match 4||$100||1 in 36,525.16|
|Match 3 + PB||$100||1 in 14,494.11|
|Match 3||$7||1 in 579.76|
|Match 2 + PB||$7||1 in 701.32|
|Match 1 + PB||$4||1 in 91.97|
|Match PB||$4||1 in 38.32|
- By placing a POWERBALL® bet, bettors agree to abide by Massachusetts State Lottery Commission Rules and Regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery directly at 150 Mount Vernon Street., Dorchester, MA 02125-3573.
- Bets are not effective until accepted by the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system prior to the drawing of the winning numbers and in accordance with Lottery rules. Bettors acknowledge that on-line Lottery sales agents are acting on behalf of the bettors in entering bets into the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system. The liability of the Lottery and Lottery’s on-line Sales Agents whether arising through breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise, is limited to a refund of the amount wagered if the bet(s) is (are) not accepted by the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System, or if betting slips are marked incorrectly, entered incorrectly into the system, or are otherwise invalid. The placing of POWERBALL® bets is done at the player’s own risk through the on-line Lottery Sales Agent who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the bet(s) into the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System.
- By placing a POWERBALL® bet, bettors agree, as their sole and exclusive remedy, that claims arising out of the participation in the game shall be pursued only against the state where the ticket was purchased or was attempted to be purchased.
- Approximately 50% of the amount of money wagered on each drawing goes into the prize pool.
- All Prizes are based on a $2.00 wager.
- In some cases, prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than published prize levels. Refer to the official game rules for a detailed explanation of the optional pari-mutuel prize payment.
- Jackpot Payment Options Jackpot winners have 60 days beginning the day after the winning numbers were drawn to select a payment option. An Annuity Option means winners can choose to be paid in 30 graduated annuity payments made over a twenty-nine (29) year period. A Cash Option means winners can choose a one-time cash payment which will be (approximately) the cost of the annuity divided by the number of winning tickets. Note: If a winner fails to claim the jackpot and select a jackpot payment option within 60 days, the prize will be automatically paid as an annuity. All prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.